TamTam Books News

Tuesday, November 29, 2005:




I discovered Cliff Richard’s back up band The Shadows about ten years ago. Their song ‘Man of Mystery’ had a seductive pull for me. The same goes for ‘Guitar Tango.’ So it is with deep sadness when I heard about The Shadow’s drummer Tony Meehan who passed away last Monday.

For whatever reasons I have been fascinated with British rock before The Beatles – and The Shadows is a band that I was deeply fond of. There was something odd and strange about the songs – and perhaps I am attached to them because they represent a London that doesn’t exist anymore – in fact it may have only existed in my head. And that soundtrack in my head was The Shadows. TamTam gives praise to the mighty Tony Meehan!

Tosh // 10:25 PM
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









The wonderful world of TamTam Books by publisher Tosh Berman

Archives