TamTam Books News

Thursday, November 17, 2005:



The following songs are on the free cd that I made for the Santa Monica Museum of Art reading/event for Boris Vian's "Manual of Saint-Germain-des-Prés as well as their ongoing exhibition "Semina Culture: Wallace Berman and his Circle."

The event takes place at the Santa Monica Museum of Art at 7pm November 18. I will be joined by my good friend Paul Knobloch who translated 'The Manual' as well as "Autumn in Peking." This promises to be an unusual event for me, due to the fact that I will be discussing my father Wallace Berman as well as Vian and his social scene in Paris 1949.

The following songs on the free cd are:

Santa Monica Museum of Art


1) Lush Head Woman Jimmy Witherspoon (my dad co-wrote the song with Witherspoon - very rare recording!
2) Sous Les Ponts De Paris Michel Legrand
3) Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées (Take 1) Miles Davis
4) Marcel Le Fourreur Modern Jazz Group
5) Relaxin' At Camarillo (-C) Charlie Parker
6) I've Found A New Baby Zoot Sims & Henri Renaud
7) You Are Too Beautiful Alain Goraguer
8) L'homme Et L'enfant Alain Goraguer
9)No Problem Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
10) No Hay Problema Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers
11) Spracklin Barney Wilen
12) If I Had You Bernard Peiffer Trio
13) The Man I Love Bernard Zacharias et ses solistes
14) Minor Drops Bobby Jasper
15) A Night in Tunisia Dizzy Gillespie & Charlie Parker
16) Dada Strain Boris Vian
17) Que Reste-T-Il De Nos Amours Boris Vian
18) These foolish things Don Byas

Tosh // 7:37 AM
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









The wonderful world of TamTam Books by publisher Tosh Berman

Archives