TamTam Books News

Thursday, April 21, 2005:

UPDATE ON “BORIS VIAN’S MANUAL OF SAINT-GERMAIN-DES-PRES


A couple of weeks ago I received the design work for ‘Boris Vian’s Manual of Saint-Germain-des-Prés - and am I happy? No, happy is a weak word. Happy doesn’t exist. Happy is when you settle for a good plate of dog food when you were expecting ice cream. No, the word ‘happy’ is now banned in my vocabulary. I am thrilled; no that’s a weak word as well. I am obsessively in love with the design work on ‘Boris Vian’s Manual of Saint-Germain-des-Prés.’

This promises…no, let me take this back. I promise that this book will change modern culture, as we know it. Paul Knobloch’s translation and the images by Georges Dudognon should be labeled ‘dangerous’ because this work is dangerous. One who is foolish can see this work as something from the past (Paris 1949), but in truth it’s a lifestyle that can’t die.

This poison that was produced by yours truly and Eva Prinz will come out via Rizzoli shortly.

Tosh // 10:34 PM
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









The wonderful world of TamTam Books by publisher Tosh Berman

Archives