TamTam Books News

Wednesday, March 16, 2005:

Please forgive me for sending this out to the list but I can't help myself. In today's (March 16) NY Times there an article on Jean-Paul Sartre regarding his 'role' in French letters.

In the article there is a well-known photograph by Georges Dudognon of Sartre with Simone de Beauvoir, Michelle, and Boris Vian. As far as I know this is the first time they showed an image of Vian in a major American newspaper - that is not connected to a review, etc.

This photograph is also used in the upcoming book I co-edited with Eva Prinz "Boris Vian's Manual of Saint Germain des Pres" (Rizzoli) that will come out this Summer.

You can read the article and see the photo at http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/16/books/16sart.html

Ciao,
Tosh

Tosh // 7:23 AM
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









The wonderful world of TamTam Books by publisher Tosh Berman

Archives