TamTam Books News

Saturday, February 26, 2005:

I went to the record store last night and I found a rather interesting piece of vinyl. It’s an album by a French band from the late 70’s called Memoriance. As far as I can tell they have done two albums. The one I bought is “L’écume des jours d’aprés Boris Vian.”

The weird thing is not that they are a prog-rock band, but that they actually recorded an album in 1979 that sounds like it was recorded in the late 60’s. With their hairy looks and serious faces – one can see that they ignored the likes of Plastic Bertrand and Jacques Dutronc. Oh of course the other surprise is that they did a concept album based on Boris Vian’s “Foam of the Daze” (L’écume des jours).

A toe tapper it is – in parts they remind me of 10cc – and I am not sure why? It has that typical progressive rock time changes – but then again 10cc always struck me as a pop band for prog-rock lovers.

If any of you readers have more information on this album, do contact me.

Tosh // 5:22 PM
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









The wonderful world of TamTam Books by publisher Tosh Berman

Archives